This course exposes the participant to a broad range of sanitation systems and innovative technologies and helps to understand the system concept, i.e. the process of building a complete system by iteratively choosing and linking appropriate technologies. It describes and presents advantages and disadvantages of technological approaches.
This e-Learning course is available in both English and in French.
The module «System Templates» consist of 9 parts describing the structure and the components of complete sanitation systems. Every system template gives short overviews on the function, the use and the pros/cons of the components which are needed to establish this sanitation system.
The «Functional Groups & Technologies» unit describes around 50 technological components of which a particular sanitation system may be composed.
This course is intended to be used by engineers, planners and other professionals who are familiar with sanitation technologies and processes. It is not a training manual or stand-alone resource for people with no experience in sanitation planning.
English and French.
Successful participants will receive a formal certificate issued by the institutions which offer this course. To receive a certificate, participants have to
- Join at least one (of two) interactive webinars during course week 1 and 2 (20%)
- Successfully complete a Multiple Choice Test (at least 60%) between the end of course week 2 and the beginning of course week 3 (20%)
- Develop your own sanitation system during course week 3 (40%)
- Actively take part in the working groups during course week 4 (20%)
This course was implemented:
- February 02 – March 02, 2015
- May 04 – June 01, 2015
- September 14 – October 12, 2015