Holding Company for Water and Waste Water
The State of Egypt pays great interest to restructuring the Drinking Water and wastewater sector to ensure the achievement of the set strategic objectives to the benefit of Egyptian citizens. Therefore, the state decided to establish the Holding Company for Drinking Water and Wastewater and the Drinking Water and Wastewater and Consumer Protection Agency by virtue of Presidential decrees in 2004.
- Number of affiliate companies: 23 companies.
- Number of staff of the affiliate companies: 98,499 employees.
- Number of subscribers to Drinking Water services: 9.5 million subscribers.
- Production of Drinking Water: 25 mn m³/day.
- Number of water treatment plants: 153 filtering plants, 817 small plants and 3812 well plants.
- Length of distribution networks: 107,000 km.
- Number of wastewater treatment plants: 239 plants.
- Length of wastewater collection networks: 29,000 km.
- Number of subscribers to wastewater services: 4 mn subscribers.
- Number of inhabitants served: 75 mn citizens.
- Treated wastewater: 8.123 mn m³/day.