Please notice that the following requirements are necessary for a successful participation. With your registration, you'll declare formally that you read and accept the mentioned pre-requisites.
Should you be in doubt about certain points or have questions, please feel free to contact us at any time. We'll be happy to explain and help you further.
Advanced knowledge in SPIS and the working mechanisms of water pumps
BEFORE registering for the training course, you may want to consult the e-Learning course www.spis-elearning.eu in which basic information on solar pumping for agricultural irrigation are compiled. Please contact us for further details.
Basic familiarity with the EXCEL toolkit
Please consult the toolkit with is available in the «enerypedia» ››› BEFORE registering for the training course.
Basic ability & knowledge on how to work with the particular tools
Please consult the video clips («Screencasts») in which the tools are explained and demonstrated practically. The screencasts are available in English, French and Arabic either from the e-Learning course, from «enerypedia» or directly from YouTube:
- Stable internet connectivity with at least 4 MB down- / 1MB upload
- Modern Internet browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari in an up-to-date version) (please notice: Internet Explorer is NOT possible)
- Installation of the MS-Teams desktop-version (The use of MS-Teams is free of charge for registered participants)
- Web-camera and headset
- Basic competences in the use of the Internet
- Basis skills in the use of MS Excel
- Letter of motivation (approx. ½ DIN A4 page in .doc or .docx format) (>either upload with your registration or (if you observer technical obstacles) via e-mail)
- Portrait photo (.jpg or.png format) (>either upload with your registration or (if you observer technical obstacles) via e-mail)
- Confirmation of consent of the direct supervisor that a participation (and absence from work) is accepted (only if applicable)
- Confirmation of acceptance: All training sessions will be recorded and may later be used by GIZ, we4f and/or FAO
IMPORTANT: This program focusses on selected countries in West- and East-Africa only. Applications from other countries must therefore be rejected!
These countries are part of the programm:
- Bénin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire
- Ghana, Mali, Niger
- Sénégal, Togo, Ethiopia
- Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda
- Tanzania and Uganda