...to the unit «FRAMEWORK», first part of the online course «Capacity Development to Enhance Commercial and Technical Utility Management – Managing an Organization». Before you start to open the lessons and «Acquire Knowledge», please take the time to let Nancy Barnes introduce to you briefly the content of this unit.
Unit 1 (Framework) consists of three parts:
1. ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE: 4 short lessons have to be read between xx.xx.20xx (one week – the total time to complete this step: approx. 6 hours of reading)
Each lesson consists of
- Three short overview pages
- One chapter of the Water Impact Guidebook (primary and obligatory reading)
- One page with few further resources
- One exercise page and
- A "Forum" page (in order to complete this unit successfully, your participation is mandatory)
2: REFLECT & REMIX: The interactive group working AND the individual transfer task phase is scheduled for xx until xx 20xx. (one week – please reserve at least 8 hours for all these activities)
This period consists of
- An 1,5 hrs On-Line Meeting Session (Input lecture, Discussion, Introduction to the Group Work sessions, Wrap-up of the content of this unit). The on-line meeting will take place on Tuesday, xx.xx 20xx. Watch out for the exact time and a detailed agenda communicated to you by your tutors.
- Group work: There will be several topics (with expected outcomes) proposed by the tutors. You have to select one group (this step is obligatory!) and work on this topic together with your group. Please don't hesitate to suggest topics of your interest!
- Individual assignment: You are expected to choose from the topics covered in this unit's lessons the one which is most appealing or interesting for you and write a short text about your current situation, what you took from the lesson and how you plan to implement your knowledge in your organization. The «Proof of Knowledge» section provides an online form for your text.
3. PROOF of KNOWLEDGE: The unit is completed with an online test consisting of Multiple Choice and free text questions. The test is available on xx.xx until xx.xx., 20xx only. You will receive your results and the notification of your credit points until xx.xx.20xx. Please keep the notification of results as proof of successful participation at this unit.